February 6, 2011

Meeting was called to order by Vice President Alex Morgan at Prush Park multicultural center at 10:43 am.

Present:   President Loyd Monaco      Vice President Alex Morgan
Treasurer Roger Lane      Secretary Joseph Hidalgo
Associate Sonia Dyer      Associate and mini show director Kathi Cambiano
Associate Joel Parker      Past President and Librarian Linda Delgado
Board Member Emeritus and Program Director Bill Kurtz      Annual sale chair Peter Beiersdorfer
Annual show chair Jaan Lepson      
Absent:   Affiliate Rep. Tony Bassano      Annual Show and Sale director Bill Gringas
  Membership Sandy Carter      Newsletter Rich Kroll
  Hospitality Vicky and Anthony Ortiz      

MINUTES: January’s minutes went missing due to loss of notebook; secretary will meet with President to re-construct minutes.

TREASURER: No report.

MEMBERSHIP: No report.


LIBRARY: No additions.

MARCH PROGRAM: Kim to deliver our pots and white elephant sale.

AFFILIATE: Should we post in the courier the annual CSSA show in San Diego? Also has the club renewed membership to CSSA? - Tony absent.

MINI SHOW: Kathi is requesting reimbursement for protective storage for mini show supplies. $10-$15, Board made a motion and approved for her to get supplies. A poll needs to be taken in June to seek approval or disapproval of the limit 3 plants per person for the mini show. It was discussed that the timeframe of the meeting should be posted on the site, so that people are not bringing plants for the mini show late which creates chaos.

SPRING SHOW: Awards updated. Categories added and subtracted per Jaan. New rule for photography to be matted and not framed. More updates to be posted on site. We need to contact Rich to publish link to show rules, a URL on the newsletter. Bill needs to contact judges. In March’s meeting we need to have a call for clerks and security volunteers for Aprils show. Est. $300-$400 to be spent on awards. From this point forward judges should get a copy of our rules and abide by them in judging. Roger to order the same amount of tables and sizes as done for Fall’s show. Potting demo TBD based on weather, Potters to help with potting demo? Email only addresses need attention. Peter B. to email notices to email only people. We also need to figure out Buchser School donation.

FALL SHOW: Second show location 911. Kathi and Joel made a committee to scout for new locations, any other findings from club or officers welcomed.

BY-LAWS: There are no additions.

OLD BUSINESS: There are no additions.

NEW BUSINESS: As discussed above, also CSSA trip to San Diego?

Meeting adjourned at 12:00 pm

Next Meeting will be on March 6, 2011 at the Prush Park Multicultural center at 10:30 am.