BOARD OF DIRECTORS
July 1, 2012 CSSSJ
Meeting was called to order by President Loyd Monaco at Prush Park multicultural center at 11:11 am.
|Present: ||President/librarian Loyd Monaco
|Vice President Alex Morgan
|Secretary Joseph Hidalgo
|Treasurer Roger Lane
|Associate/Mini Show director Kathi Cambiano
|Associate Sonia Dyer
|Associate Joel Parker
|Absent: ||Past President Linda Delgado
|Board Member emeritus/Program Director Bill Kurtz
|Membership Sandy Carter
|Show and Sale chairs Jaan Lepson & Peter Beiersdorfer
|Hospitality Vicky and Anthony Ortiz
|Newsletter Rich Kroll
|Affiliate Rep. Tony Bassano
|Annual Show and Sale director Bill Gingras
Minutes: Minutes for June are approved with notations.
Treasurer: Our current balance as of July 1, 2012 is $ 23,858
Additional Income: (+) New memberships/Renewals $80
- Web Site Renewal $150 Kroll
- Courier May/June 103.91 Kurtz
- Speaker Fee for June $150 Richard Bernard
- Rent Meeting Hall/City of San Jose $55
- Mini Show Materials $ 40.98 Cambiano
- Repo $2.11 Hidalgo
- Donation $103 Ruth Bancroft Educational Center
- Donation UC Santa Cruz Arboretum $500
Membership: No Report.
Hospitality: No Report.
Library: No additions
- August Program: Richard Wagner: Mesembs
- September Program: Ted Kipping, The Drakensberg Mountains RSA.
- Hypothetical, Fall Show and Sale Sept 29th and 30th.
- The Monterey Show and Sale is Sept 19th and 20th.
Affiliate: Kathi to publish our Show And Sale in Z event online which The mercury news usually publishes from.
Mini-show: No additions.
Fall show: Location Peterson/Buscher? A committee is being formed to find out which location is going to have availability for our Fall Show & Sale. Committee head is Loyd, with Peter and Jaan as follow ups.
By-laws: New Policies made, Rich and our Website are updated.
- The Monterey club will be taking a trip to Lotus land (2013) and a few nurseries in Southern California. It was proposed that San Jose tag along and pay for half of the expense. Roger agreed to be our point of contact, between our 2 clubs.
- Kathi will research the cost of production(banners), as well as looking at the cost for getting show and sale banners(not done/update in August).
- Roger wrote check for $103 to Ruth Bancroft Ed center.UC Santa Cruz check, was sent in the amount of $500.
- A motion was made and passed to allow Kathi to purchase a new laminator not to exceed $100 (Kathi is researching more options on a better laminator, so she can laminate club badges, cost will exceed $100, officers will vote on model and price in August via email)
- Board Officers to brainstorm on a contingency plan for fall show. Should we have a Santa Cruz Arboretum trip?
Meeting Adjourned: 11:55pm