BOARD OF DIRECTORS
May 7, 2006
Call to Order by President Bill Munkacsy at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:45 A.M.
|Past President Wes Briggs|| ||Associate Director Chuck Breese|
|Treasurer Tony Bassano|| ||Program Director Bill Kurtz|
|Secretary Sandy Carter|| ||Newsletter Editor Rich Kroll|
|President Bill Munkacsy|| ||Associate Director Richard Deming|
|Vice President Linda Delgado|| ||Associate Director Rowena Southwell|
LAST MONTH'S MINUTES for the Board of Directors Meeting on March 5, 2006 were reviewed.
TREASURER: The balance as of May 2006 was $11,357. There was roughly $22,000 gross from the Show and Sale.
MEMBERSHIP: 9 new members joined from the Show and Sale. We have a total of 90 members in our club.
HOSPITALITY: Bill Kurtz is still helping us out.
The June PROGRAM will be a plant culture presentation by member, Naomi Bloss. She will share with us her knowledge and expertise in growing a wide variety of cactus and succulent plants.
LIBRARY: We received an anonymous donation of $150 for our library fund this year. Many thanks!
AFFILIATE: Nothing new to report.
MINI SHOW: Nothing new to report.
- We had the most successful Sale ever in the history of our club. We grossed approximately $22,000. After expenses, we netted approximately $7,000.
- There was no real issue with our not using a credit card machine. But next year, to avoid delays in transactions, we will advertise in advance that we do not accept credit cards.
- A purchased plant from Rich Kroll was stolen from the will-call area. We had poor security, considering how many members we have. This needs to be addressed seriously next year.
BY-LAWS: Nothing new to report.
- A good idea was suggested to include advertisements for our club's growers on the last page of our courier. Maybe, even to open up a personal want ads page. This might generate some enthusiasm from our members to exchange plants they are looking for, are giving away, or selling.
- Our club has a number of trophy and ribbon prizes that are no longer being used, which we would like to part with. They could either be donated to the CSSA, donated to Children's clubs as awards, cut-out and remounted, or photographed and put on our club's web-site as a tribute to the names contained on them. It was suggested to take the trophies to the Goodwill. This should be noted in our courier prior to happening.
- Bill Kurtz has several boxes of old CSSSJ couriers and a large wooden bookshelf that he would like to find a new home for.
- It was recommended that we split up our monthly programs into smaller multiple sections, so we can have more variety, and possibly perk up our membership interest.
- Tony Bassano wants to resign his position. We are looking for a new Treasurer.
- We are looking for someone to take over the Hospitality responsibilities.
- Our web-page needs to be updated. Paul Long is no longer doing the Mini-show. Linda Delgado is. Also, Paul is no longer doing the Raffle. Wes Briggs is. Retha Long is no longer doing the By-Laws. This category should be removed.
- There was discussion on holding a 2-day Fall Sale only. Some dates that were suggested are: 9/30 & 10/1, 10/7 & 10/8, 10/14 & 10/15.
- Rowena is recovering from major surgery. Get well wishes should be sent to her home address. For more information, contact Wes Briggs at phone number 408-718-5507.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 P.M.
The next Board meeting will be on June 11, at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:30 A.M.
Submitted by the club secretary,