BOARD OF DIRECTORS
June 11, 2006
Call to Order by President Bill Munkacsy at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:30 A.M.
|President Bill Munkacsy|| ||Program Director Bill Kurtz|
|Treasurer Tony Bassano|| ||Associate Director Chuck Breese|
|Secretary Sandy Carter|| ||Associate Director Richard Deming|
|Past President Wes Briggs|| |
|Vice President Linda Delgado|| || |
LAST MONTH'S MINUTES for the Board of Directors Meeting on May 7, 2006 were approved.
TREASURER: The balance as of June 2006 was $11,576. Our Treasurer, Tony Bassano, has resigned. We need a new Treasurer for our club.
MEMBERSHIP: We have a total of 90 members in our club.
HOSPITALITY: Bill Kurtz is still helping us out.
The July PROGRAM will be a fun get-together of our club members sharing their stories and experiences of how they became interested in cactus and succulent plants.
LIBRARY: We received an anonymous donation of $150 for our library fund this year. Many thanks!
AFFILIATE: Nothing new to report.
MINI SHOW: Nothing new to report.
- A motion was proposed and approved to donate to Buchser School $500 towards their Science Department to give thanks for the use of their premises for our show and sale earlier this year.
- There was discussion on holding a 2-day Fall Sale only at Buchser School. Oct. 7 & 8 were decided upon.
BY-LAWS: Nothing new to report.
- A good idea was suggested to include advertisements for our club's growers on the last page of our courier. Maybe, even to open up a personal want ads page. This might generate some enthusiasm from our members to exchange plants they are looking for, are giving away, or selling.
- Our club has a number of trophy and ribbon prizes that are no longer being used, which we would like to part with. They could either be donated to the CSSA, donated to Children's clubs as awards, cut-out and remounted, or photographed and put on our club's web-site as a tribute to the names contained on them. It was suggested to take the trophies to the Goodwill. This should be noted in our courier prior to happening.
- Bill Kurtz has several boxes of old CSSSJ couriers and a large wooden bookshelf that he would like to find a new home for.
- It was recommended that we split up our monthly programs into smaller multiple sections, so we can have more variety, and possibly perk up our membership interest.
- We are looking for someone to take over the Hospitality responsibilities.
- Associate Director Rowena Southwell will not be returning to our club. For more information on her health, contact Wes Briggs at phone number 408-718-5507.
- Thanks to Rich Kroll, our newsletter and web-master, for updating the CSSSJ web-page! We encourage our members to help out and participate with all aspects of running this club. From contributing newsletter content, to assuming board of director duties of Treasurer, or helping out with the hospitality.
- It's time to start forming a nominating committee for the election of the new Board of Directors at the end of this year.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:40 A.M.
The next Board meeting will be on July 9, at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:30 A.M.
Submitted by the club secretary,