BOARD OF DIRECTORS
July 9, 2006
Call to Order by President Bill Munkacsy at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:45 A.M.
|Present are: ||President Bill Munkacsy|| ||Secretary Sandy Carter|
|Past President Wes Briggs|| ||Program Director Bill Kurtz|
|Vice President Linda Delgado|| ||Associate Director Chuck Breese|
|Member Tony Bassano|| ||Associate Director Richard Deming|
LAST MONTH'S MINUTES for the Board of Directors Meeting on May 7, 2006 were approved.
TREASURER: The balance as of July 9, 2006 was $10,148.
MEMBERSHIP: We have 1-new member, and 1-renewal. Our total membership number is now 92.
HOSPITALITY: Nothing new to report.
The August PROGRAM will be a Country Store affair. Members bring in plants, pots, associated items, and desserts to donate. These are then raffled off, with the proceeds going towards future club expenses and events.
LIBRARY: We purchased, "Echevaria - Cultivars: by Lorraine Schulz & Attila Kapitany".
AFFILIATE: Nothing new to report.
MINI SHOW: Nothing new to report.
- Sale and Unjudged Show at Buchser School this Oct. 7 & 8.
- Show bucks of $5, $10, and $15 denominations will be given out as awards.
- A motion was proposed and approved to pay Tony Bassano for the photocopies of the Fall flyers that he had made up.
BY-LAWS: Nothing new to report.
- A good idea was suggested to include advertisements for our club's growers on the last page of our courier. Maybe, even to open up a personal want ads page. This might generate some enthusiasm from our members to exchange plants they are looking for, are giving away, or selling.
- Our club has a number of trophy and ribbon prizes that are no longer being used, which we would like to part with. They could either be donated to the CSSA, donated to Children's clubs as awards, cut-out and remounted, or photographed and put on our club's web-site as a tribute to the names contained on them. It was suggested to take the trophies to the Goodwill. This should be noted in our courier prior to happening.
- Bill Kurtz has several boxes of old CSSSJ couriers and a large wooden bookshelf that he would like to find a new home for.
- It was recommended that we split up our monthly programs into smaller multiple sections, so we can have more variety, and possibly perk up our membership interest.
- We are looking for someone to take over the Hospitality responsibilities.
- We are looking for a new Treasurer.
- A motion was proposed and approved to create a new Board of Directors position: Meritus Emeritus. Past President and Program Director, Bill Kurtz, has been nominated for this position. It will be a life-long honorary position. The position will be announced at the next three consecutive Monthly Meetings. If there is no dissent, the position will become effective.
- Associate Director Rowena Southwell will not be returning to our club. She would love to her from us. She can be reached at phone number 503-259-0580, Aloha, Oregon, which is near Portland.
- We encourage our members to help out and participate with all aspects of running this club. From contributing newsletter content, to assuming Board of Director duties of Treasurer, or helping out with the Hospitality.
- It's time to start forming a nominating committee for the election of the new Board of Directors at the end of this year.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 P.M.
The next Board meeting will be on August 6, at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:30 A.M.
Submitted by the club secretary,