BOARD OF DIRECTORS
August 6, 2006
Call to Order by President Bill Munkacsy at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:45 A.M.
||President Bill Munkacsy|| ||Program Director Bill Kurtz |
|Past President Wes Briggs|| ||Associate Director Chuck Breese|
|Vice President Linda Delgado|| ||Associate Director Alyene Daggett|
|Secretary Sandy Carter|| ||Newsletter Editor Rich Kroll|
|Member Tony Bassano|| |
||Associate Director Richard Deming|| |
LAST MONTH'S MINUTES for the Board of Directors Meeting on July 9, 2006 were approved.
TREASURER: The balance as of August 6, 2006 was $8,198.
MEMBERSHIP: We have 1-new member. Our total membership number is now 93.
HOSPITALITY: Nothing new to report.
The September PROGRAM will be a presentation on Copiapoa by our club president, Bill Munkacsy. In addition, we will discuss the preparations for our first Fall Show & Show, this October 7-8 at Buchser School in Santa Clara.
LIBRARY: We purchased, "Echevaria - Cultivars: by Lorraine Schulz & Attila Kapitany". It is now available for our members to check-out.
AFFILIATE: Nothing new to report.
MINI SHOW: Linda Delgado is coordinating bringing this back. We are looking at a dry run this November.
- Sale and Unjudged Show at Buchser School this Oct. 7 & 8.
- Show bucks of $5, $10, and $15 denominations will be given out as awards.
BY-LAWS: Nothing new to report.
- Rich Kroll is now including CSSSJ classified advertisements on the last page of our courier. This is a great service! The email to send in your ads is: email@example.com
- Our club has a number of trophy and ribbon prizes that are no longer being used, which we would like to part with. They could either be donated to the CSSA, donated to Children's clubs as awards, cut-out and remounted, or photographed and put on our club's web-site as a tribute to the names contained on them. It was suggested to take the trophies to the Goodwill. This should be noted in our courier prior to happening.
- Bill Kurtz has several boxes of old CSSSJ couriers and a large wooden bookshelf that he would like to find a new home for.
- It was recommended that we split up our monthly programs into smaller multiple sections, so we can have more variety, and possibly perk up our membership interest.
- We are looking for someone to take over the Hospitality responsibilities.
- Associate Director Rowena Southwell will not be returning to our club. She would love to her from us. She can be reached at phone number 503-259-0580, Aloha, Oregon, which is near Portland.
- A motion was proposed and approved to create a new Board of Directors position: Board Member Emeritus. Past President and Program Director, Bill Kurtz, has been nominated for this position. It will be a life-long honorary position. The position was announced at the last two consecutive Monthly Meetings, and will be announced at the September meeting. If there is no dissent after that, the position will become effective.
- It's time to start forming a nominating committee for the election of the new Board of Directors at the end of this year. We encourage our members to help out and participate with all aspects of running this club.
- Life Member, Clark Brown, passed away. Our condolences go out to his family.
- New Member, Alyene Daggett, has graciously accepted the position of Associate Director for our club. Welcome Alyene!
- Roger Lane will be taking over the responsibilities as our club Treasurer. Thanks, Roger!
- There will be no regular meeting in October, in lieu of the Fall Show.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:45 A.M.
The next Board meeting will be on September 10, at the Prusch Park Meeting Hall at 10:30 A.M.
Submitted by the club secretary,